Social Icons

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Expressing Indifference



Read the following word groups aloud several times. Please don’t try to learn by-heart. Your sub-conscious mind will do that job, even without your knowledge, and rush onto your tongue whenever required. Yes, your job is just to read these word groups aloud several times.

A.
Expressing indifference

I suppose so.
I don’t mind what ever you do?
I don’t mind.
Who cares!
Who knows!
I don’t care!
I’m easy.
I don’t mind.
I have no preference.
It’s all the same to me.
It’s your decision.
As you like.
Do as you like.
It makes no difference to me.
It makes no difference.
You can say whatever you like.
Do what you like. I don’t care.
It makes no difference either way.
I shouldn’t worry if I were you.
I know he’ll be angry, but I don’t care.
How should I know?
Look, why don’t you relax?
It doesn’t matter.
Go ahead, do it.
If you like.
I wouldn’t mind.
Why should I?
I couldn’t care less.
So what?

B.
Admitting

I know.
I admit that.
I’m entirely to blame for it.
I made the mistake of trusting him.
I had a part in that decision, too
I admit that I was absent-minded.
I don’t know much Hindi.
Yes, all right.
Yes, it’s possible.
I’m sorry. It was a mistake on my part.
It was my mistake entirely.
Well, it could be true.
No one is to blame but myself.
I've made a mistake in inviting them
He may be able to do it. Yes.
It was my fault entirely.
What I said was quite wrong.

C.
Response to Admittance

Don’t repeat again.
Don’t repeat the same mistake again.
Don’t try to harass me – I’m warning you.
You’ll be more careful in future, won’t you?
Don’t give me any more cause for complaint.
I don’t think that was very wise.
Next time, I won’t forgive this kind of behaviour.
You had better watch out!
You had better not make another mistake.
Don’t all talk together?
I wouldn’t do such a thing again, if I were you.
Just be more considerate in future.
If you do this again, I’ll come down hard on you.

D.
Expressing approval

I've seen worse.
I think it would’ve been better if it hadn’t been so sweet.
Not bad, really.
It’s all right, I suppose. Only, it’s a bit bright.
It’ll do for a start.
It was quite good on the whole.
It’s not bad at all, really.
It wasn't a bad film, was it?
It’s quite good, really, but it’s a bit loose for you, I think.
He may be very clever, but he can’t do anything practical.
They look fairly good.

0 comments:

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH