Social Icons

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Expressing Opinion



Read the following word groups aloud several times. Please don’t try to learn by – heart. Your sub-conscious mind will do that job, even without your knowledge, and rush onto your tongue whenever required. Yes, your job is just to read these word groups aloud several times.

A.
Expressing opinion

I personally think...
I personally believe…
I personally feel...
Personally, I believe…
Personally, I think…
Personally, I feel…
I honestly feel…
In my personal opinion…
In my personal view…
I imagine…
I believe…
I reckon…
Do you know what I think? I think…
As I see it…
The way I look at it
The way I see it…
It appears…
It seems to me…
To my mind…
If you ask me…
I’d say that…
As far as I can tell...
Let me tell you…
To the best o f my knowledge…
I’m fairly certain that…
It’s quite obvious that…

B.
Asking someone’s opinion

Do you like her?
Do you think it’s going to rain?
What do you think about her dress?
Does it look very bad?
Do you feel that I should have accepted it?
How do you like this, then?
Was the lecture interesting?
Don’t you think this colour suits me?
How will it look if you mend it?
How about this, then?
Could I ask what your opinion is?
How do you feel about the way she behaved?
What did you think of the book?
What do you think of this?
What’s your opinion of your new boss?
Is this all right?
Do you think this is all right?
How do you think I’d look in that dress?
Do you have any views about this proposal?
What’s your opinion about the stand he has taken?

C.
Agreeing with an opinion

Yes, it is, isn’t it?
Uh huh...
Quite so.
Of Course!
I suppose so.
I agree entirely.
Exactly.
Quite.
Absolutely.
Definitely.
Sure.
Yes.
I know.
All right.
You’re quite right.
That’s quite true.
That’s quite right.
Of course.
How true.
That’s exactly what I think
That’s just what I think
Right.
I think so, too!
I couldn't agree more!
Yes, I agree.
Yeah, sure.
How true?
How fair?
That’s fair enough
That’s what I was going to say.
You took the words out of my mouth!
That’s a good point.
Yes, I’m afraid it was.
I agree with you.
That’s right.
Yes, I suppose so, absolutely.
I agree with that.
Yes, I’m in favour of it, too.

0 comments:

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH