Social Icons

Monday, February 27, 2012

Asking / Telling the Time




A.

What time is it? – I

A.        Excuse me. Can you tell me the time, please?
B.        Yes, of course. It’s seven o’clock.

A.        Thank you.
B.        No Mention Please.


B.

What time is it? – II

A.        What time is it?
B.        It’s half past three.

A.        Thanks.
B.        You’re welcome.

C.

What time is it? – III

A.        What time is it now?
B.        I don’t have my watch on right now.

A.        Is there a clock around here?
B.        There’s one in the next room.
B.        I was about to too ask you the same question.

A.        My watch has stopped.
B.        I forgot to wear mine.

A.        Do you have any idea of the time?
B.        I don’t know exactly, but it’s past nine.

A.        It was nine o’clock when I got here.
B.        Well, I’m sorry I can’t help you.

A.        At what time is the meeting?
B.        Seven o’clock.

A.        Be there at Seven o’clock sharp, then.
B.        I’ll try to get there before seven.

D.

Some commonly used word groups for asking and telling time

What time do you have?
It’s ten o’clock sharp.

Thanks a lot.

Don’t mention it.
What’s the time?
It’s almost eight.

Do you have the exact time?
Yes, it’s two minutes to eight.

Excuse me. What time is it?
It’s a quarter of two.
I guess my watch is slow then.
Well, I know mine isn’t fast.

What time is it right now?
It’s five twenty-five.
Mine shows five thirty-five.
You’re ten minutes ahead then.

Do you have the correct time?
Yes. Its two minutes to three.

Are you sure your watch it right.
It may be a few minutes slow.

What time is it now?
I don’t have my watch on right now.

Is there a clock around here?
There’s one in the next room.

Do you have the right time?
I was about to ask you the same question.
My watch has stopped.
I forgot to wear mine.

Do you have any idea of the time?
I don’t know exactly, but it’s after nine.
It was nine o’ clock when I got here.
Well, I’m sorry, I can’t help you.

At what time is the meeting?
Eight O’clock.
Be there at eight o’clock sharp, then.
I’ll try to get there before eight.

How often does this station give the news?
Every hour on the hour.

When do they announce the weather?
Ten minutes to and ten minutes after the hour.

0 comments:

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH