Social Icons

Sunday, February 5, 2012

“Wh” Questions



What is your name?
My name is Venkat.

What is this?
This is a book.

What are these?
These are books

What is your father’s name?
My father’s name is Satyanarayana Yellamelli.

What is your mother’s name?
My Mother’s name is Mangayamma.

What is your brother’s name?
My brother’s name is Sriram Chandra Rao

What is your sister’s name?
My sister’s name is Lakshmi

What is your father’s age?
My father is fifty two years old.

What is your mother’s age?
My mother is forty six years old.

What is the name of your teacher?
The name of my teacher is Mr. A.V.L.S.Rama Rao

Where do you study?
I study in Shree Shiridi Sai Degree College

Where do you live?
I live in AR Riyadh

How old are you?
I am thirty two years old.

How many brothers do you have?
I have one brother.

How many sisters do you have?
I have two sisters.

How old is your brother?
My brother is twenty four years old.

How old is your sister?
My sister is thirty four years old.

How much money do you have?
I have very little money, only $10.

How many magazines do you read?
I read four magazines.

How many articles have you written?
I have written five articles.

How many dogs have you reared?
I have reared two dogs.

Which is your favorite colour?
My favorite colour is white.

Which is your favorite game?
My favorite game is cricket.

Which is your favourite fruit?
My favourite fruit is Mango.

Which season do you like?
I like the rainy season.

Which is your house?
This is my house.

Which are their houses?
Those are their houses.

Which is your favourite flower?
My favourite flower is Rose.

Which is your favourite green vegetable?
My favourite green vegetable is spinach.

Who are your best friends?
My best friends are all.

Who will go to the club today?
Deepu and I will go to club today.

Who is he?
He is my friend Mr. Krishna Kumar Sait.

Who are they?
They are my friends.

Whose books are these?
These are my books.

Whom did they meet?
They met their friends.

When will he go home?
He will go home tomorrow.

When will he come back?
He will come back next week.

When did you come?
I came yesterday.

Why do you cry?
I cry because I am hurt.

Observe the table given below and compare the question words:

Question word     Verb                  +                      Answer

What                     is                your name?               My name is Venkat.
When                     is                the party?                 The party is on Tuesday.
Where                    are             you from?                 I’m from India.
Which                    is                your car?                  The red one is mine.
Who                      are             you?                         I’m Venkat.
Whose                   is                this web site?           It’s mine.
Why                      is                this book here?         Because it is!
How                      are             you?                         I’m fine, thanks.

0 comments:

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH