Social Icons

Monday, March 5, 2012

Airport Checking In




A.

Passenger                    : Good evening! Can you help me, please?
Flight Assistant           : Good evening, sir! Yes, ofcourse! What can I do for you?

Passenger                    : Here is my ticket! I am booked by your airlines for New York. What am I to do?
Flight Assistant           : It’s all right! Just let me see your passport as well. You may keep your luggage here.

Passenger                    : Here you are. What else?
Flight Assistant           : Please tie this tag on to your hand baggage. Just go right across to the bank to pay your Airport tax. You can collect your foreign exchange as well, there. That’s all.

Passenger                    : Thanks. Need I come back to you again?
Flight Assistant           : You are welcome, sir, Please just relax in the lobby on your left. Your flight is about two hours late. We shall contact you, if required.

Passenger                    : Please do let me know when I am to go for my flight.
Flight Assistant           : Very well, sir. Please don’t worry. We shall let you know.

Passenger                    : Thank you.
Flight Assistant           : Thank you. Sir.

B.

Airport: Checking In

A. Good morning. Can I have your ticket, please?
B. Here you are.

A. Thank you. Would you like smoking or non-smoking?
B. Non-smoking, please.

A. Would you like a window or an aisle seat?
B. An aisle seat, please.
A. Do you any baggage?
B. Yes, this suitcase and this carry-on bag.

A. Here’s your boarding pass. Have a nice flight.
B. Thank you.

C.

Passport control

A. Good morning. Can I see your passport?
B. Here you are.

A. Thank you very much. Are you a tourist or on business?
B. I’m a tourist.

A. That’s fine. Have a pleasant stay.
B. Thank you.

D.

Asking for the check-in

To find where to check in baggage, use:

Where’s the check-in desk?
Where’s the baggage check-in?
Where do I check-in my baggage?

You may need to use:

It’s heavy.
Porter.
Are there any porters here?
I need a porter.
Where can I get a baggage trolley?
Are there any trolleys free?

E.

Checking in baggage

To hand baggage in at the check-in, use:
I want to check-in (these), please.
There are (three) pieces.
I’m taking (this) as hand baggage.
I’m not checking (this) in.
I’m taking (this) with me.
Are they safe like that?
Do I have to pay any extra?

F.

Baggage problems

You may need:

Where’s the baggage office?
Who’s in charge of lost baggage?
I checked-in my baggage in (Paris) and it isn’t here.
My baggage hasn’t been delivered.
I was on the (Miami) flight.
I can’t find my baggage.
My baggage is lost.
It’s damaged/broken.
I’ve lost (some of the things) out of it.

0 comments:

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH