Social Icons

Monday, April 2, 2012

Journey by Bus



A.
Getting the right bus

  • Do you know when is the next bus to the town?
  • How often do these buses run?
  • When’s the next bus to the airport?
  • Which bus goes to the park?
  • Which bus do I take to get to the college?
  • What number bus should I catch for the city?
  • Is this the right bus for the station?
  • There’s one every ten minutes.
  • Take a 17 to the station.
  • Change there onto the university bus.
  • It takes about half an hour
  • Where do I get the Dadar bus?
  • Walk straight ahead 100 meters.
  • Are there many bus stops along this street?
  • Yes, there are. There are quite a few.
  • Are they located at the corners?
  • Most of them are, but a few aren’t.
  • How do I get to the (Dadar station)?
  • Take the bus at the next corner.
  • Do you know which bus I take?
  • Watch for (number 124).
  • Thank you very much.
  • Welcome.

B.
Finding where to catch a bus.

  • Is there a bus stop near here?
  • Where’s the nearest bus stop?
  • Is this the right bus stop for the…?
  • Is this the right place for a bus to town?
  • Could you direct me to the bus station?
  • Where’s the central bus station?
C.
On the Bus
 

  • Does this bus go into the town?
  • Yes. Where do you want to go?
  • I want to go to Connaught Place.
  • This is the right bus then.
  • Does this bus go as far as Gandhi Square?
  • No. You’ll have to change.
  • Where can I do it?
  • You can get the Gandhi Square bus at the next corner.
  • Is this where I get off the bus?
  • No. Not here-at the next stop.
  • Can I catch an auto right there?
  • Yes. There’s an auto stand right by the bus stop.
  • Excuse me, but how do I get to this address?
  • Get off the bus at Water Street and Main.
  • Thanks very much for your help.
  • Don’t mention it.
  • Is West Street the next stop?
  • I’m sorry, but I didn’t understand you.
  • Does the bus stop at West Street next?
  • Yes. Right at the next corner.
  • Is this the right bus for the airport?
  • Does this go to the bus station?
  • The Central Park, please.
  • I want to go to the city.
  • How much is it?
  • What is the fare?
  • How much is the fare?
  • Can I get a return ticket?
  • Do I have to change?
  • How many stops is it?
  • How long does it take?
  • Could you tell me where to get off, please?
  • Which is my stop?

0 comments:

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH