Social Icons

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Planning a Journey


A.
Travel Plans




  • I have to take a trip by air next week.
  • Do you like to fly?
  • I don’t know because I’ve never flown before.
  • You’ll probably like it very much.
  • I have to go home next week.
  • How will you go-by car?
  • I’ll probably go by air.
  • You’ll get there very fast then.
  • How will you travel to Los Angeles?
  • We’ll go by plane.
  • How long will it take?
  • It’ll take about five or six hours to get there.
  • What time will you leave your house>
  • I’ll leave around seven thirty.

B.
Asking about public transport

  • What time is the (next train) to London?
  • Is there a plane to Bonn tomorrow evening?
  • What time are the (services) to (Boston)?
  • Is there a frequent service?
  • How often do they go?
  • How long does it take?
  • When does it arrive/get there?
  • What time/When does it leave?
  • Where does it leave from?
  • Does that go via Astound?

C.
Asking about road travel

  • What’s the best road to Boston?
  • Which is the best route to Milan?
  • How long does it take to York?
  • How many miles/kilometers is it?
  • Is it a good road?
  • How much time should I allow?
  • How far is it to York by car/by road?
  • What’s the road like to Antwerp?

D.
Suggesting plans

  • Let’s take the morning plane.
  • Let’s drive up via Leeds.
  • We can get a meal/stop on the way.
  • We can stop over/break the journey in Aix.
  • What about driving there via (Brussels)?
  • It’ll be quicker to go by train.
  • It would be more comfortable (by train)
  • I think the best route is through Belguium.
  • I think the (coast road) is better.
  • I think we should start at about 9.
  • I don’t want to cross London.
  • I want to be there before it gets dark.
  • If I leave at (7) I’ll be there by 12.
  • If we catch the (3:30), we’ll be in time.
  • If we go via (Aachen) we can be there by 4.
  • What do you think?
  • What would you suggest?

E.
Trips and Sight- seeing

  • Did you have a nice time over the weekend?
  • I had lots of fun.
  • What did you do?
  • I did a lot of sight-seeing.
  • How long were you out of town?
  • I was away for two weeks.
  • When were you away?
  • I took time off in August.
  • How did you go to India last month?
  • We went by plane.
  • What kind of plane did you take?
  • It was a jet.
  • Have you ever been in Italy?
  • No. I’ve never been there.
  • Have you ever been in France?
  • Yes. I was there last summer.
  • Did your parents stay in Rome for very long?
  • Yes. They stayed there for two months.
  • Did they describe their trip to you?
  • Yes, and they showed us a lot of photographs

0 comments:

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH