Social Icons

Monday, April 9, 2012

Talking about the Weather



A. Talking about the forecast


What’s the weather going to be like tomorrow?
Have you heard the weather forecast?
Do you know what it’s going to be like?
What do you think it’ll be like on Sunday?
It’s going to be sunny tomorrow.
I think it’s going to rain.
It looks/feels as if it’s going to get warmer.
They say it’ll be windy tomorrow.
There may be frost later
It should clear up soon.
I don’t think it’s going to change.
There’s a high pressure.
There’s rain coming in from the west.

B. Talking about weather conditions


What’s the weather like there in spring?
What sort of temperature is it in June?
Do you get much fog?
Do I need winter clothes?
Is it wet in autumn?
It’s generally cold and wet.
It’s normally mild now.
It’s very pleasant (at this time of the year).
It’s (not) often very dry.
We rarely get snow.
What was the weather like (on your holiday)?
How was the weather (last year)?
It was very (hot) (last year)?
We had a lot of (rain) (last month).
It’s been very (cold) so far this year.
Is it raining now?
Yes, it is. It’s raining very hard.
Does it rain very much in this area?
Yes. It rains a lot in the spring and fall.
How’s the weather?
It’s raining outside now.
Is it raining very hard?
No, it isn’t. It’s just drizzling.
What’s the weather like outside?
It thinks it’s going to rain.
It was nice a few hours ago.
It was beautiful, wasn’t it?
How‘s the weather today?
It’s quite cold and damp.
How are the winters here in general?
They’re usually rather mild.
Is it raining outside now?
Yes, it is and it’s quite cold.
I think I’ll stay home today.
I certainly wish I could too.

C. Chatting about the weather


It’s very nice today, isn’t it?
It’s not very nice today, is it?
It’s warmer than last week, isn’t it?
It’s not bad for the time of year, is it?
The Weather is good today.
It’s a little too warm for me.
This kind of weather is good for the farmers.
But I’m not a farmer.
I wonder what the weather is going to be like tomorrow.
The paper says it’s going to be fair and sunny.
Let’s listen to the weather report on the radio.
That’s a good idea.
It’s very warm and sticky today.
It’s so humid! I wish it would rain.
A good rain would cool things off a little.
We need some rain to make things green.
It was hot yesterday.
But it’s quite cool today.
Yes. I’m wearing a sweater under my coat.
I’m going to put on a jacket.
It’s freezing today!
Yes. It’s worse than yesterday.
How cold is it?
It’s ten below.
What a cold weather this is!
What’s the temperature?
It’s five and above.
You’ve seen a hurricane, haven’t you?
Once, along time ago.
Does it ever snow in your country?
Only a few times a year.
Do you like the weather in this part of the country?
Not really, but I’m accustomed to it now.
Is the weather different in your part of the country?
Yes. It never gets as cold there as it is here.

D. Weather Conditions


It’s a nice day, isn’t it?
Yes. It’s warm and sunny for a change.
I like this kind of weather.
I guess everyone does.
It’s a little windy today.
I don’t mind the wind.
The sun certainly feels good.
Especially after all that bad weather last week.
The paper says it’s going to be fair and sunny.
Let’s listen to the weather report on the radio.

0 comments:

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH