Social Icons

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Staying in a Hotel




A.

Dialogue: Getting a Room for the Night

A. Good evening, Can I help you?
B. Yes, please. I’d like a room for the night.

A. Would you like a single room, or a double room?
B. A single room, please. How much is the room?

A. It’s Rs 350 per night.
B. Ca I pay by credit card?

A. Certainly. We take Visa, Master Card and American Express. Could you fill in this  
     form, please?
B. Do you need my passport number? No, just an address and your signature.

A. (fills out the form) Here you are.
B. Here’s your key. Your room number is 212.

A. Thank you.
B. Thank you. If you need anything, dial 0 for the reception are. Have a good stay!

B.

Specifying the hotel

  • I want something cheap and best.
  • I want a neat and clean one.
  • I want something with (two or three) stars.
  • What sort of hotel is it?
  • Is it a star hotel?
  • I want somewhere near the Railway station.
  • I want a guest house.
  • I’m looking for a bed and breakfast place.
  • What’s a good hotel in this town?
  • How far is it from here?
  • What’s the name of the hotel?
  • I have a reservation for a room here.
  • Where’s the hotel, please?
  • Where’s that?
  • Can you tell me where the hotel is?
  • On this side or the other side?
  • I want to go to the Beachside Hotel.
  • Excuse me. I’m lost.
  • I live at the Royal Hotel.
  • Where’s the Park Hotel on this Map?

C.

Booking rooms

  • I’d like a (single room), please.
  • (A single room) with bath, please.
  • I’d like a (suite), please.
  • I’d like to book a (double room).
  • I want a (twin room)
  • I am looking for just a (dormitory please.)
  • I’d like a family room with three beds.
  • Have you got (two adjoining rooms)?
  • I want a room with a (shower).
  • A room with a (balcony).
  • I’d like a (television).
  • I want a room for (one) night.
  • For (three/Thursday & Friday) nights
  • For the nights from the (3rd) to (10th) May.
  • That’s (eight) nights.
  • I’ll arrive on the (evening of the 25th) and leave on the (morning of the 29th)
  • Can I take the elevator over here?

D.

Talking about the tariff

  • I want (bed and breakfast/bed only).
  • I’d like (half board)
  • I want (lunch) included
  • I’ll book it (full board)
  • What is the tariff?
  • Does that include (breakfast)?
  • How much is it (per person/per room)?
  • How much is it (half board/full board)?
  • Is that inclusive?

E.

Key Vocabulary

Can I help you?
I’d like a room.
Single, double room.
Can I pay by credit card?
Fill in this form.
Passport number.
Room number.
Reception.

0 comments:

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH