Social Icons

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Conversation at the Bank



A.

Conversation

Customer                    : Good morning. Can I cash a cheque here?
Counter clerk              : Please go to the first counter on the left side.

Customer                    : Thank you. Is it the teller system there?
Counter clerk              : Yes, sir. You will get your money instantly there.

Customer                    : (At the first counter) Excuse me. I want to get this cheque cashed.
Counter clerk              : Yes sir, please sign on the back of your cheque.

Customer                    : O.K.! Here you are.
Counter clerk              : Just a minute, sir.

Customer                     : I need thousand rupees notes only.
Counter clerk           : I am sorry; I have only five hundred rupees notes. If you can wait, I will get some thousand rupees notes as well.

Customer                   : Thanks! I won’t like to wait any longer. Five hundred rupees notes are alright with me.
Counter clerk                : Here is your cash, sir. Please ensure that you. Have got exactly the right amount.

Customer                      : Thank you. I shall definitely count my money before I leave.
Counter clerk                : Thank you very much. Have a nice day, sir.

B.

Telephone Banking

Executive                    : Good morning City Bank, This is Customer service Department, How may I help  
                                     you?
Customer                   : Hello. I’d like, some information on the telephone banking services offered by you.

Executive                    : Certainly. What is your account number, sir?
Customer                    : 85 56789000 89548 at the MG Road Branch.

Executive                    : What would you like to know?
Customer                    : Can you tell me how the telephone banking services work?

Executive                    : You can do all your day-to-day banking over the telephone 24 hours a day.
Customer                   : That’s great. How do I access my account?

Executive                    : Just call 80000498, key in your PIN number and listen to the menu of options
                                    available.
Customer                    : How do I choose the option I want?

Executive                    : Just press the number for the service stated by the recording.

Customer                     : What kind of things can I do?
Executive                 : You can check your balance, pay your bills, order a statement, request for cheque book, DD or even transfer money to another bank.

Customer                     : That’s fantastic! Can I trade stocks and bonds?
Executive                     : I’m afraid you will have to have a special account for that.

Customer                     : What about getting help if I have any problems?
Executive                   : There’s an automated answering machine and staff are available 9 to 5 seven days a week.

Customer                     : It all sounds very good to me. I’d like to sign up.

Executive                    : Alright, can you answer a few more questions please?
Customer                    : Certainly…

C.

Useful Vocabulary

24 hours a day.                                  to check your balance.
Account number.                               to key in a PIN number
Automated answering machine.          to order a statement.
Day-to-day banking.                         to pay bills.
Menu of options.                               to sign up.
Telephone banking service.                to trade stocks and bonds.
To access an account.                       to transfer money.

D.

Other useful word group

I want to open an account.
Could you please help me to open an account?
I would like to open a joint account with my wife.
How many specimen signatures do you need?
How much do I have to deposit to open a current account?
I want a cheque book.
I want to encash this cheque.
Are you a customer of this bank?
Yes, I am. Here is my passbook.
Would you like to deposit the cheque for clearance?
It will take about two days, since it is a local Cheque.
But I need the money urgently.
Will they give me the money today?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great thank you

Unknown said...

great tutorial.post more conversation
like,airport,library,train station are more and more.. thank you

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH