Social Icons

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Getting Information at the Airport.



A.

Getting Information at the Airport

Is this Deccan Airways?
Yes. May I help you?

Can you tell me when flight 234 arrives?
One Sec please, I’ll check.

How long is the flight from Bangalore to New Delhi?
Well, supposedly two hours, but it’s sometimes longer.

How often are there flights to New Delhi from Bangalore?
There’s one every hour.

At what time does the next to Kolkota leave?
The next flight 112 at eleven fifty-five.

Which is the one after that?
Flight 121 at one Twenty.

Could I make a reservation for flight 545 to Hyderabad?
I’m sorry, but everything is taken.

How about the next flight-tomorrow at two o’clock?
Yes. I can give you a reservation on that.
I’d like to check in for the flight to Dubai.

Fine. Do you have your ticket and passport?
Yes. Here’s my ticket, and I’ll get out my passport.

Would you please put your baggage on the scales?

At what time does the next plane to London leave?
The next one is flight 12 at eleven fifty-five.

What’s the next one after that?
How often is there a flight to Paris?
We have flights to Paris every hour.

Are they nonstop flights?

Could I make a reservation for flight 10 to Tokyo?
I’m sorry, but everything is taken.

How about the next flight-tomorrow at two o’clock?
Yes. I can give you a reservation on that.
I’d like to check in for the flight to New York.

Fine, Do you have your ticket and passport?
Yes. Here’s my ticket and I’ll get my passport.

Would you please put your baggage on the scales?

How long is the flight from New York to Washington?
Well, supposedly an hour, but it’s sometimes longer.

How often are there flights to Washington from New York?
There’s one every hour.

B.

Meeting at the Airport

Where will you meet your friends?
I’ll meet them at the airport.

When will they get there?
I don’t know yet.

When are you meeting your friends?
I’m meeting them at eight o’clock tomorrow night.

How are they getting here?
They’re coming by air.

Is this Southwestern Airline?
Yes. May I help you?

Can you tell me when flight 439 will arrive?
One moment, please. I’ll check.
All the incoming flights are listed on that board.
I see they expect Bill’s flight to be twenty minutes late.

Do they have an arrival gate listed?
No. They’ll probably list it about ten minutes before arrival.

Well! How was your trip?
It was very smooth and fast.

Could you see the mountains from the plane?
Yes. The visibility was excellent all the way.

C.

EXERCISE

A.

You are at Mumbai Airport and have lost your bag which contained many important things including all your holiday photos and all the presents you bought for your family and friends. Demand some action and, if possible, some compensation.

B.

You work at Rajeevi Gandhi International Airport and must explain to the tourist that it’s perfectly normal for a bag to go missing for a few hours and there is no problem at all. And…. Tourists should never put anything too valuable in their bags.

0 comments:

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH