Social Icons

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Suggestions : Agreeing or Disagreeing.



A. Making a suggestion

  • Shall we go now?
  • How about buying a new car?
  • Why don’t you let out that Apartment to John?
  • Couldn’t we ask Mr. David?
  • Let’s hold up the cleaning up tomorrow.
  • You can look at them one by one, if you like.
  • Let’s go by bus.
  • How about a cup of Tea?
  • Let’s go in the same Bus as Mary.
  • Why don’t we look in the local directory?
  • Why not go in a house boat?
  • Get an electrician to come and fix it.
  • I guess you’d better go right now.
  • I think it’d be a good idea to ask him to come with us.
  • Let’s take a break for a while.
  • Shall we go out for a meal this evening?
  • Let’s not fix the date now.
  • We might try explaining it to him.
  • Have you tried drinking a little warm milk before going to bed?
  • You might have a look at this TV show.
  • How about a jacket to go with these trousers?
  • What about another day, then?
  • We could stop now, if you like.
  • I think you should go right away.
  • Let’s go and have a look.
  • I suggest we take up the matter with his superiors.
  • We could try and explain it to them, if you like.

B. To show strong agreement with opinions
 
  • That’s absolutely true.
  • I completely agree.
  • I couldn’t agree more.
  • That’s great idea.
  • That’s an excellent think to do.
  • That seems a splendid idea.
  • Yes, of course.
  • Yes, all right. OK.
  • Yeah, great!
  • OK, that sounds fine.
  • Why not?
  • Sure!
  • I’d go along with you there,
  • I quite agree – you’re quite right.
  • That’s good idea!
  • That’s just what I wanted to say.
  • Yes, that’d be very nice.
  • I suppose you’re right.
  • A good suggestion.
  • I think we’ll give it a try.
  • That’d be fine.
  • What a good idea!
  • It’s really no problem.
  • I’d like that very much.

C. To Show strong disagreement with opinions.
 
  • I completely/strongly disagree.
  • I think that’s absolutely wrong.
  • That’s rubbish.
  • That’s non-sense.
  • That’s a terrible idea.
  • That’s a really bad suggestion.
  • Certainly not.
  • I’m not so sure.
  • That’s easier said than done.
  • I’m not very keen on that, really.
  • I’m not sure that’d be wise.
  • Your idea sounds good, but I don’t think it’ll really work.
  • I’m not sure I’d go about it that way.
  • I don’t think that’s such a good idea, you know.
  • No, let’s try that one instead.
  • That’s very well for you to say.
  • No, don’t let put it off any longer.
  • We can’t do any such thing, and that’s that.
  • I’m not sure about that, actually.
  • I doubt if that’d work.
  • Your suggestion sounds fine in theory, but I don’t think it’d work in practice.

D. Asking for a suggestion
 
  • Have you got any suggestions?
    Which of these do you think should I buy?
  • Can you suggest a way out?
  • What shall I do?
  • How can I remove this ink-stain?
  • Can anybody suggest what we might do?
  • Where should we keep it?
  • Who must I speak to about this – David or his deputy?
  • What on earth should I do, then?
  • How shall I pack your things?
  • When shall we go to see them?
  • When should I start, do you think?

0 comments:

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH