Social Icons

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

BOOKING SEATS & BUYING A TICKET



A. Conversation at the Cinema
  • Give me two tickets for the balcony, please.
  • Please give (sixty rupees).
  • We need corner seats. Here is the money.
  • It is the third row from the back. These are good seats.
  • Thank you very much. Has the film started?
  • No it hasn’t started yet. You are in time for the film.
  • What about the electricity situation here? I hope it doesn’t go very often.
  • You don’t have to worry on that account, sir. We have our own generator for electricity.

B. Specifying the performance
  • What’s the programme on Sunday?
  • What’s on Wednesday evening?
  • I’m trying to get tickets for Space Wars.
  • I want to see (Carmen) on Thursday
  • Is Rigoletto on Friday evening?
  • What time is the performance this evening?
  • What time is the show?

C. Booking seats
  • I’d like two seats.
  • I’d like to book two seats.
  • Can I have two seats for this evening?
  • Have you got any seats left for this evening?
  • I’d like a seat for the 8 o’clock show.
  • I’d like two for the 7:30 performance.
  • In the stalls.
  • In the balcony.
  • Upstairs/Downstairs.
  • At the front/Near the back.
  • In the first row.
  • In one of the back five rows.
  • At the side/In the middle.
  • Is that a good seat? /Are those good seats?
  • What are they like?
  • Can you see/her all right from there?

D. Asking about the show
  • When/What time should I/we be there?
  • Will you hold the tickets for me till 7:30?
  • How long does it/the performance last?
  • What time does it end?
  • When does the performance end?
  • Is there an interval?
  • How many intervals are there?

E. Finding the ticket office
  • Where can I get a ticket?
  • Where do I buy a ticket?
  • Is there a ticket office near here?
  • Where can I get a plane ticket to Kochi?
  • Where’s the nearest travel agency?
  • You can get your ticket on the corner.
  • It’s on the left/right.
  • You get the ticket from the man on board the bus.

F Buying a ticket
  • What sort of ticket do I need/should I get?
  • What do I need (to leave here today and return next Sunday)?
  • Should I get a weekend return?
  • One, please.
  • Two singles to Mumbai.
  • London return.
  • A return ticket to Bangalore, please.
  • I’d like one seat on the two o’clock
  • Can I have a return ticket to Mumbai, please?
  • How much is it?
  • How much does it cost?
  • How much does a weekend return cost?
  • Is there a special price for students?
  • Is it cheaper on Sundays?
  • Can I pay by Card?
  • Is this ticket all right for the airport?
  • Is this valid for the return journey?
  • Is this the right ticket for this train?
  • Does this take me to Dover first class?
  • Can I book a sleeper here?
  • I’d like to send my luggage ahead
  • I want a smoking seat.


1 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

SPOKEN ENGLISH