Social Icons

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Daily Activities



A. Daily Activity: Dialogue
 
  • What time do you get up?
  • I get up at about six.
  • What time is breakfast at your house?
  • Breakfast is always at a quarter to seven.
  • What do you usually do in the afternoon?
  • We usually study or read.
  • What do you generally do over the weekend?
  • We generally enjoy sports and visit friends.
  • Do you ever go to museums?
  • I go every now and then.
  • What kinds of things do you like to see?
  • I enjoy seeing statues and old paintings.
  • Do you watch television very often?
  • Well, I sometimes watch it in the evening.
  • Did you watch television last night?
  • Yes, I did. I saw several good programs.
  • Do you ever listen to the radio?
  • Certainly. In fact, I listen practically every night.

B. When did you have lunch today?
 
  • I ate at noon.
  • Where did you have your lunch?
  • I had it at Koshy’s Restaurant today.
  • Did you have a good time at the party?
  • We had a wonderful time.
  • It was really a lot of fun.
  • We ought to have another party like that soon.
  • Did you work at home last night?
  • Yes. I washed the dishes and cleaned the house.
  • Did you do anything else?
  • Yes. I listened to the radio for a while.
  • Did you have a good time last night?
  • Yes. I had a wonderful time.
  • You’ll probably have fund tomorrow too.
  • I’m sure I’ll have an excellent time.
  • Where did you go?
  • We went to a beautiful beach.
  • Did you swim in the ocean?
  • Yes, but we swam close to the shore!

C. What did you do?
 
  • Where did you go after lunch?
  • I went to the public library.
  • Which one did you go to?
  • I went to the one at 42nd Street.
  • What did you do last night?
  • I watched television.
  • Where did you watch it?
  • I watched it here in the recreation room.
  • Was the television program interesting?
  • I thought it was very boring.
  • What did your friends think of it?
  • They were bored too.
  • I went to a lecture last night.
  • What was it about?
  • Society and modern art.
  • I wish I’d gone with you.
  • We went to the movies the night before last.
  • What did you see?

D. Where have you been?
 
  • I've been to the movies.
  • What did you see?
  • I saw an Italian movie about life in Sicily.
  • What places have you seen so far?
  • I've been to almost all the museums.
  • Have you gone to any parks yet?
  • No, I haven’t. I haven’t had enough time for that.
  • Let’s meet at your house tonight.
  • O.K. That sounds fine.
  • Let’s watch television for a while.
  • All right, but let’s finish this work first.
  • Oh, let’s not do the work right now.
  • You’re just lazy, in my opinion.
  • I can’t hear the television set.
  • Why don’t you sit closer?
  • I’m right beside it now.
  • Why don’t you turn up the volume?

E. Evening Activities
 
  • Let’s go the movies tonight.
  • Fine. I don’t have anything else to do.
  • What would you like to see?
  • Why don’t we look in the movie section of the newspaper?
  • Where are you going tonight?
  • I’m joining to the political rally for Senator Smith.
  • Sounds interesting. Can we go with you?
  • Certainly. Meet me here at eight fifteen.
  • Would you like to go to the concert with me tonight?
  • Yes. Thank you very much.
  • Would you like to go at about eight o’clock?
  • That would be fine.
  • What are you going to do tonight?
  • I haven’t decided yet.
  • Would you like to go to the movies?
  • Can I call you and tell you later?
  • Would you like to go to the movies tonight?
  • I’d rather stay home and watch television.
  • Are there going to be any good play on channel 4.

0 comments:

 

SPOKEN ENGLISH